Home is where we seek sanctuary and relaxation from the bustling world. It is where we get away from it all and that is where good blackout curtains can enhance your home’s ambiance. The windows in your home are what separates you from the outdoors and it is important to dress them up wisely. You can cover them up with anything but that doesn’t mean you will be comfortable. Creating a very calm quiet atmosphere is comforting and can relieve a lot of stress. It can also help you get the rest you need. The icing on the cake is that you will be saving a bundle on the utility bills.
Rest is something everyone needs and only those who work long hours know how to appreciate it. When you leave your work place you expect to come home to peace and tranquility. Everyone deserves at least that as soon as they arrive. Blackout curtains are the only curtains that can help you get that especially if you live near a construction site or in a noisy city. This can prove to be extremely beneficial.
Why Should I Choose Blackout Curtains
• First of all, what are blackout curtains? A lot of people are under the false impression that blackout curtains are completely black, but that couldn’t be farther from the truth. Blackout curtain linings are actually usually made of white fabric. They are made with tightly woven material that blocks all kind of outside light from entering the room.
• This can have all types of benefits. For example, at a local hospital you use to work as a night guard, and you because your curtains weren’t blocking the light properly you had a lot of issues getting some quality sleep when you came back home. A lot of people work night shifts these days and finding blinds that can do the job can be really difficult, since most blinds are made for aesthetic reasons, not efficiency.
• Another reason why you should consider getting blackout curtains is because of their amazing energy saving properties. Blackout curtains in all kinds of ways can help you save on energy bills. Per example, they can help you save on air conditioning by preventing sunrays from entering the room during hot summer days, hence keeping the room cooler naturally.
• During the winter days, blackout curtains can help you keep the heat in and the cold out, further helping you lower your energy expenses. Another great advantage of these kinds of curtains is that they prevent outside noise from entering the room, which is a great thing if you have to sleep at unusual times during the day.
To make sure that you save energy during the colder fall and winter months, you have to make sure that you only open your blinds when the outside temperature exceeds your room’s temperature and when there’s enough sunlight outside to heat up the room.
All in all, this is great for people with a hectic schedule who are trying to enjoy a good night’s sleep, and they can also help you save a great deal on your energy bill.
Turning Existing Curtains Into Blackout Curtains
• You can also create your own room darkening curtains by adding blackout liners, either by hanging them on a double rod or by clipping them onto the existing rod.
• Giving your windows a unified look from the street white liners are available
• Especially on smaller windows for blocking light blackout blinds and shades are another great option.
• For the most light-blocking capability use an inside mount.
Do They Come in White?
Because of their light-blocking capabilities, usually bring to mind dark, heavy fabric is brought to mind by thinking of room-darkening curtains, shades and blinds. Obviously for every room decor that doesn’t work. What if you want white blackout curtains?
There are many stylish headings and colors available apart from the white blackout curtains. There’s a blackout fabric for that whether you like blinds or shades, rod pockets or even grommet tops.
But to take advantage of blackout curtains, you have to make sure that they are installed properly, or you’ll lose all benefits. You have to make sure that your curtains cover the entire window and are installed higher than the curtain rod so they can effectively block the light from entering. If you want to take advantage of all their benefits just make sure that you use them wisely and install them properly also.
• In the same way as standard curtains and drapes blackout curtains are installed.
• Measure a couple of inches beyond the window frame on all sides to get the most out of the room-darkening qualities.
• To guarantee the most light will be blocked using wraparound rods is another way.